For those who obtained an in-app message stating your account is “Temporarily banned” which means you are possible utilizing an unsupported model of WhatsApp as an alternative of the official WhatsApp app. For those who do not swap to the official app after being temporarily banned, your account could be completely banned from utilizing WhatsApp.
Unsupported apps, reminiscent of WhatsApp Plus, GB WhatsApp, or apps that declare to maneuver your WhatsApp chats between telephones, are altered variations of WhatsApp. These unofficial apps are developed by third events and violate WhatsApp’s Phrases of Service. The Fb-owned messaging platform has clearly talked about that it would not assist these third-party apps as a result of WhatsApp can’t validate the safety practices.
Additionally Learn: WhatsApp options replace: Chatting with enterprise accounts on app will get simpler
Learn how to swap to the official WhatsApp app
What occurs to those that are presently utilizing these third-party purposes? You would possibly must again up your chat historical past earlier than shifting to the official WhatsApp app. The identify of the unsupported app you are utilizing determines whether or not it is advisable switch your chat historical past. Find the identify of the app by tapping Extra Choices > Settings > Assist > App information. Observe the steps beneath based mostly on the identify of the app: WhatsApp Plus or GB WhatsApp.
For those who’re utilizing an app apart from WhatsApp Plus or GB WhatsApp, WhatsApp recommends saving your chat historical past earlier than downloading the official WhatsApp app.
WhatsApp has talked about these steps of their FAQ part however they do not assure this will likely be a profitable chat historical past switch as a result of WhatsApp would not assist unofficial apps.
- In GB WhatsApp, faucet Extra choices > Chats > Again up chats.
- Go to Telephone Settings > faucet Storage > Information.
- Discover the folder GB WhatsApp and faucet and maintain to pick out it.
- Within the higher proper nook faucet Extra > Rename and rename the folder to “WhatsApp”.
- Navigate to the Play Retailer and obtain the official WhatsApp app from Play Retailer.
- In WhatsApp, confirm your telephone quantity. Then on the Backup discovered display, faucet Restore > Subsequent.
- WhatsApp ought to load along with your current chats.
In case your chat historical past was beforehand saved, it ought to robotically switch to the official WhatsApp app. With the intention to get the official app up and working, obtain it from Play Retailer and confirm your telephone quantity.
By no means miss a story! Keep linked and knowledgeable with Mint.
our App Now!!