Left to proper: Garmin Vivoactive 4, Garmin Venu
Smartwatches and health trackers face a great deal of each day abuse. Strapped to our wrists, they brush off bumps and knocks, filth and splashes. Understandably, they face the occasional problems and points, however many of those could be rectified. Though Garmin makes some wonderful smartwatches and health trackers, the corporate’s merchandise are usually not immune to these points, both. Beneath, we have a look at a few of the common points Garmin gadgets face and present an inventory of attainable fixes.
See additionally: The greatest Garmin smartwatches | The greatest Garmin working watches
Drawback #1: My Garmin has syncing points
Jimmy Westenberg / Android Authority
Like most wearables, Garmin merchandise sync with Android smartphones over Bluetooth. Typically this connection is affected by a number of elements. Because of this, you will not be in a position to sync your Garmin’s data together with your smartphone. If that is one thing you expertise, listed below are a couple of methods to treatment the difficulty.
- Make certain Garmin Join is put in in your smartphone. Additionally, make sure that Bluetooth is switched on in your telephone (Settings>Bluetooth>On).
- Double-check in case your Garmin wearable is in pairing mode. To do that, head to your Garmin machine’s Settings menu, faucet Bluetooth, and choose Pair cell machine.
- Attempt switching Bluetooth off and on in your smartphone. It appears a easy fix, however a easy on/off cycle can usually treatment most minor points.
- Energy cycle your smartphone by switching it off and on, too.
- Energy cycle your Garmin machine by switching it on and off. We cowl this course of in additional element within the “How to restart your Garmin” part additional beneath.
- Reinstall the Garmin Join app in your telephone. Head to your telephone’s Settings, discover the Apps menu, seek for Garmin Join, and uninstall it. To reinstall, head to Google Play, seek for Garmin Join, and set up. It’s possible you’ll want to log in to your Garmin Join account as soon as once more after putting in, so make certain to have these particulars available.
- Test in case your Garmin machine has the newest software program put in.
- To do that, head to Settings>About. Examine the software program model in your machine to that listed by Garmin.
- If the software program is old-fashioned, attempt to join your machine’s software program by heading to Settings>System>Software program Replace.
- If the replace didn’t full, you may need to join your wearable to a PC or Mac and replace it manually. Set up Garmin Categorical and join your machine to the PC or Mac through a USB cable to replace the software program.
- You too can examine if syncing works through Garmin Categorical to get rid of a difficulty past Bluetooth connectivity.
- Attempt eradicating your Garmin machine out of your Garmin Join account and re-adding it. To do that, open Garmin Join. Faucet on the Menu button. Scroll down and choose the machine you need to take away.
- So as to add your machine once more, observe the identical steps however faucet Add Gadget as an alternative.
Drawback #2: My Garmin isn’t receiving notifications
Jimmy Westenberg / Android Authority
It’s possible you’ll expertise notification problems from time to time. In the event you’re on this boat, you could want to tweak a couple of settings in your smartphone or Garmin.
- Double-check if Bluetooth is switched on in your telephone and that it’s related to your Garmin.
- Test if Garmin Join has notification entry. In your Android telephone, head to Settings>Apps, faucet on Garmin Join, and choose the Notifications possibility. Guarantee Permit Notifications is toggled on.
- In case your telephone’s UI is introduced slightly in another way, you may also seek for “Notifications” in your Android telephone’s Settings web page search bar.
- Test if the notifications you would like to obtain are enabled in Garmin Join. Open the app, choose the Menu button, then Settings>Notifications>App Notifications. You may then toggle to allow or disable the apps you would like to obtain notifications.
- In the event you personal a Huawei machine, you could want to set Garmin Join to run within the background. Head to Settings>Battery>App Launch. Toggle Garmin Join to Handle manually. This could permit the app to run within the background and auto-launch.
- Double-check if Do Not Disturb is ready to “off” in your smartphone.
- Test if Sleep Time settings are right in your Garmin. This characteristic on Garmin gadgets prevents notifications and alerts from disrupting your sleep, but it surely may disable all notifications if the time isn’t set accurately.
Drawback #3: My Garmin received’t cost or energy on
Jimmy Westenberg / Android Authority
In case your Garmin smartwatch or health tracker doesn’t swap on, there are a couple of methods to examine if it’s a easy fault.
- Test if the machine is totally charged by plugging it into its charger and an influence supply.
- Test if the charging factors on the Garmin machine or charger are broken or corroded. They might additionally want a clear. You are able to do so with a dab of rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab.
- Nonetheless no energy? Test if the facility cable you’re utilizing is broken.
- Attempt drive rebooting your Garmin. To do that, plug it into an influence supply through the charger, press and maintain the facility button for between 15-60 seconds till the show lights up. That is solely relevant in case your Garmin machine could be rebooted or restarted.
- If the machine is charging however the display doesn’t mild up, it could possibly be a software program situation. Attempt to replace your machine’s software program by connecting it to a PC or Mac and utilizing Garmin Categorical (directions above).
- In case your machine’s show does mild up however doesn’t acknowledge touches, you may attempt cleansing it.
- Use machine cleansing spray and a microfibre fabric to clear the floor. Dry it as quickly as attainable with one other fabric.
- Nonetheless nothing? You probably have a display protector in your machine, attempt eradicating it and changing it with a brand new protector.
Drawback #4: My Garmin has hassle connecting to GPS
Watches with GPS connectivity will usually take a second to lock on to satellites. The time it takes is dependent upon your location and different elements. However listed below are a couple of steps to treatment the difficulty.
- Attempt syncing your Garmin. Syncing to Garmin Join ought to immediate the machine to scan for out there satellites and, due to this fact, velocity up the GPS sign acquisition.
- Start your exercise in an open space outside devoid of bushes and buildings. The lack of bodily interference ought to assist your wearable purchase GPS sign slightly faster. Heavy cloud protection can also have an effect on the sign.
- Are you continue to having points? Double-check your machine’s software program model. If it’s not present, make certain to replace it.
- Some Garmin gadgets assist a number of positioning programs, together with GLONASS. Double-check if it’s on by heading to System > Sensors > GPS in your machine. Toggle on the swap for the programs you would like to use alongside GPS.
Drawback #5: Garmin Pay isn’t engaged on my machine
Jimmy Westenberg / Android Authority
Garmin Pay is Garmin’s wi-fi funds system that’s suitable with many Garmin gadgets. It permits customers to pay for merchandise utilizing their wearable. Whereas it’s handy, it might additionally face a couple of points from time to time.
- Test if Garmin Pay is supported in your nation and by your financial institution. Though the service performs good with Mastercard and Visa playing cards, Garmin Pay will solely work in case your financial institution is supported. Garmin lists the supported establishments right here.
- In the event you can’t add a card to your Garmin Pay Pockets, you’ll want to be related to cell information or Wi-Fi.
- Double-check that your smartphone meets the Garmin Pay minimal machine necessities. You’ll want at the very least Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and the machine is required to assist the Google Play Retailer natively. Android Go telephones are usually not supported.
Drawback #6: I’m having hassle with VO2 Max readings on my Garmin
Most up-to-date Garmin wearables can monitor VO2 Max, an vital metric for cardio trainers. Nonetheless, you could not get a VO2 Max studying until your machine is correctly arrange and that your actions meet some standards.
- Garmin suggests finishing the Person Profile with beginning yr, peak, weight, and energy zone settings. This information will probably be used to calculate VO2 Max figures higher.
- The firm additionally suggests finishing the Coronary heart Fee Zones setup too. Discover these settings below Settings>Person Profile>Coronary heart Fee in your machine. You too can tweak these settings later in Garmin Join.
- Garmin assist paperwork recommend actions want to meet the next standards to present a VO2 Max estimate:
- For working, strolling, and path working, the exercise should final for at the very least 10 minutes on some gadgets and quarter-hour on the Vivosport.
- For biking, the exercise should final for at the very least 20 minutes with none stoppages.
- The exercise have to be recorded exterior with GPS related.
- Coronary heart price have to be elevated to at the very least 70% of your most for at the very least 10 minutes on some gadgets and quarter-hour on the Vivosport.
- Some newer Garmin watches can present VO2 Max estimates from all-day coronary heart price information.
- Lastly, it might take a couple of days on your VO2 max estimate to show in Garmin Join.
Drawback #7: My Garmin machine’s battery drains shortly
Lily Katz / Android Authority
Garmin Lily Sport Version
Battery drain points can occur to all gadgets, be it buggy software program or ageing parts. There are a couple of methods to higher handle your Garmin’s battery life when you discover it’s draining too shortly on your liking.
- In the event you don’t prepare commonly, you may swap off your GPS. Discover these settings in your watch by heading to System > Sensors > GPS. Toggle off programs you don’t use.
- Notifications also can play a job in decreasing the battery lifetime of your machine. Be certain to curate which apps are allowed to ship by means of notifications. Open your Garmin Join app in your telephone, choose Settings, and toggle off the apps you don’t want.
- Alter the brightness, size of the timeout, gesture controls, and different options of your show.
- In the event you personal a Garmin Venu sequence machine, you’ll find these controls in your watch’s Settings > System > Show menu.
- For Garmin Fenix 6 customers, you’ll find the setting by holding Menu, choosing System > Backlight. You may then set the backlight to activate upon button presses or alerts.
- On most current Garmin Forerunner gadgets, maintain Menu then head to Settings > System > Backlight to activate the backlight settings in your machine.
- The Garmin Vivosmart 4 routinely scales the backlight, however customers can decide a quantity between 1 and 7 for extra granular management. Discover these settings by tapping the capacitive button on the backside of the show, tapping the Settings cog, then swipe to and faucet the Brightness icon.
Drawback #8: Garmin band breaks
No watch strap or band is indestructible. In case your Garmin band breaks, you could have a couple of choices.
- Garmin explains on its Delivery web page that merchandise could be returned for a refund inside 30 days of receiving the order.
- Garmin’s Shopper Restricted Guarantee web page explains that non-aviation merchandise are assured to be “free from defects in supplies or workmanship for one yr from the date of buy.” In the event you consider your Garmin watch strap (or Garmin machine on the whole) is flawed, you may contact Garmin to get the faulty half changed at no further price.
In search of substitute bands on your machine? You may after all head to Garmin’s web site to purchase a substitute or head to the Amazon hyperlinks beneath for a less expensive different: