Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S20 replace hub. Right here you’ll discover the latest info on updates to the Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Extremely. We’ll element the present software variations for every system and warn you if there’s a brand new replace rolling out. Samsung often pushes out updates to the complete collection, however this may increasingly fluctuate per variant and provider.
- Present steady model: Android 11
- When will the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Extremely get Android 12? January 2022 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Extremely updates
Might 31, 2021: Samsung is now rolling out a brand new replace to the Galaxy S20 collection. The firmware, numbered G98xxXXS8DUE4 (h/t SamMobile), is worldwide, however solely showing on choose handsets for now.
The replace contains the June 2021 Android safety patch. It doesn’t seem to supply any new options or different bug fixes.
To verify if the replace’s accessible to your system head to Settings > Software replace and faucet on Obtain and set up.
Earlier Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Extremely updates
- April 29, 2021: In response to SamMobile, the latest replace bears firmware model G98xxXXU7DUDB and contains digicam efficiency enhancements and enhancements to Fast Share. It additionally has the Might 2021 safety patch. The replace weighs in at a hefty 626MB, too.
- March 1, 2021: Samsung began pushing out the One UI 3.1 replace to unlocked US-based handsets (h/t SamMobile). Along with the new software, the replace additionally introduced with it the March safety patch.
- January 2021: Samsung rolled out the first replace of the yr to the Galaxy S20 collection. It introduced with it the January 2021 Android safety patch. Per 9to5Google, the changelog didn’t describe many adjustments past this. The replace itself weighed in at round 235MB. At the finish of January, Samsung pushed the February 2021 safety replace to handsets in Europe and the UK. Telephones in the US noticed it in early February.
- December 2020: The Verizon Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Extremely have been first to obtain the steady One UI 3.0 replace. You’ll be able to learn extra about the replace on Verizon’s official changelog, nevertheless it brings Wi-fi Dex performance, extra granular house/lock display controls, and Android 11’s enhancements. Samsung broadened its rollout throughout the US on December 3, as extra Galaxy S20 collection customers acquired the steady replace. The replace additionally began showing on some European customers’ units. On December 7, these on T-Cellular’s community in the US acquired the Android 11 replace. Every week later, the replace arrived for customers on AT&T.
- November 2020: At the begin of November, Samsung up to date the Galaxy S20 collection with the November safety patch. The replace rolled out to telephones operating One UI 2.5, not the public beta of One UI 3.0.
If you happen to’ve noticed a Samsung Galaxy S20 replace that we haven’t, tip us! In search of one other replace? You should definitely go to our Android 11 replace tracker.